The second call of the EIC-Accelerator Pilot Programme starts with the “Green Deal” and seeks innovative ideas for social sustainability.
The European Green Deal
The so-called “Green Deal” comprises the measures of the European Commission to become the first continent to become climate neutral by 2050. This is an ambitious goal which, as part of the EIC Accelerator funding programme, calls on small and medium-sized enterprises and start-ups to submit their ideas and proposals that contribute to a sustainable society. The application deadline is 19 May 2020, for which the European Innovation Council (EIC) has set aside 252 million euros. This corresponds to around 35 percent of the total budget.
The Green Deal includes the following topics:
- Zero-pollutant target for a pollution-free environment
- Preserve and restore ecosystems and biodiversity
- Development of a fair, healthy and environmentally friendly food system
- Faster transition to sustainable and intelligent mobility
- Energy- and resource-saving construction
- Mobilising industry for a clean and recycling economy
- The supply of clean, affordable and safe energy
- In the largest financing round to date, real “game-changer” ideas are therefore being sought that will open up new markets and help to achieve the goals of the Green Deal with their innovation.
About the EIC Accelerator
The funding instrument supports small, medium-sized and young companies as well as start-ups in the European member states. The programme is open to technologies and sectors and funds innovative ideas to accelerate market launches and thus promote long-term growth and employment in the EU.
After submission of the applications the evaluation follows. Selected candidates are then allowed to present their project in a “pitch interview”. Those who convince will receive the funding.
Deadlines for submitting applications are:
- March 18th.
- May 19th (Green Deal)
- October 7th
It’s a woman’s world
For the Green Deal call as well as for the third call with a deadline in October, special attention will be given to applications under female leadership. For the submission as well as for the invitation to pitch interviews, the proportion of SMEs led by women should be at least 25 percent.
We support you in the application process and in pitch interviews. As experienced consultants, we take on the application in full service, from the first draft to the final submission. We will also assist you with the pitch interviews and prepare you for your appointment in Brussels.